Covid-19 measures: exceptional times – special rules
We have implemented a series of safety measures so that you can enjoy your visit to the Gewerbemuseum Winterthur and participate in our events with confidence. A number of rules therefore apply until further notice:
- As of 13 September, everyone aged 16 or over must show a valid Covid certificate in accordance with the current official regulations.
- Hand sanitisers are provided at the entrance and throughout the rest of the building. Please use these frequently.
- Contact surfaces and items touched by more than one person are regularly cleaned by our staff.
- In order to comply with the current rules on social distancing, only a limited number of people are allowed into each room at any one time. Please follow the instructions displayed at the entrance to each room.
- We advise private groups of six or more people to book in advance on +41 52 267 51 35. This will enable us to avoid groups (such as school classes) overlapping when visiting the exhibitions.
- Only a limited number of people may attend each event, and they will need to give the museum their contact details. Bookings may also be made in advance by telephoning +41 52 267 51 35 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Please follow the instructions issued by our staff. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the applicable rules and hygiene measures.
- Please do not visit the museum if you feel unwell.
Plan your visit
Tuesday to Sunday
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Please note our special opening hours on public holidays.
Christmas Eve, Thursday, 24 December 2020, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Christmas Day, Friday, 25 December 2020, closed
Boxing Day, Saturday, 26 December 2020, closed
New Year’s Eve, Thursday, 31 December 2020, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
New Year’s Day, Friday, 1 January 2021, closed
Local holiday, Saturday, 2 January 2021, closed
Maundy Thursday, Thursday, 1 April 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Good Friday, Friday, 2 April 2021, closed
Easter Sunday, Sunday, 4 April 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Easter Monday, Monday, 5 April 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Labour Day, Saturday, 1 May 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ascension Day, Thursday, 13 May 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Whit Sunday, Sunday, 23 May 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Whit Monday, Monday, 24 May 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
St. Alban's Festival, cancelled, Saturday, 26 June 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
St. Alban's Festival, cancelled, Sunday, 27 June 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
National holiday, Sunday, 1 August 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Christmas Eve, Friday, 24 December 2021, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Christmas Day, Saturday, 25 December 2021, closed
Boxing Day, Sunday, 26 December 2021, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
New Year’s Eve, Friday, 31 December 2021, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
New Year’s Day, Saturday, 1 January 2022, closed
Local holiday, Sunday, 2 January 2022, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Private tours and catering
Private groups can put together a tailor-made cultural programme for their visit to the Gewerbemuseum Winterthur. We offer private tours during and outside our regular opening hours. If you wish, you can also book a drinks reception with buffet at the museum, organized by our in-house catering team.
Information and enquiries
T +41 (0)52 267 51 36 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices of private tours
Room hire for private functions: please enquire.
Getting here by public transport
Walk from Winterthur main railway station to Untertor, continue along Marktgasse as far as the fountain, turn right into Untere Kirchgasse and continue to Kirchplatz. This takes just under 10 minutes on foot from the station.
Or travel two stops on bus number 1, 3, 5 or 14 from the main railway station, alighting at the Stadthaus stop. Then turn right into Oberer Graben, right into Marktgasse, left into Obere Kirchgasse and continue to Kirchplatz.
From Zurich take the Winterthur-Töss exit, from St. Gallen take the Oberwinterthur exit and from Schaffhausen take the Winterthur-Ohringen exit and proceed to the Technikum-Nord car park (no parking spaces in the immediate vicinity of the museum), then walk through Steinberggasse and Obere Kirchgasse to Kirchplatz.
Deliveries / Dropping off and picking up passengers
On Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings, access via Technikumstrasse, Neumarkt, Steinberggasse and Obere Kirchgasse is closed because of the street market.
Friends of the Gewerbemuseum Winterthur
Would you like to make an active contribution to the success of our exhibitions? Ambitious museums rely on committed individuals – why not support selected activities of the Gewerbemuseum Winterthur by becoming a Friend of the Gewerbemuseum?